July is almost here and I am as busy as never before. Job searching, blogging, sewing, dancing and all other artsy things are occupying my time. I finally decided to unite all sewing resources, websites, sew-longs and link-ups in one list for easy use.
First of all, Modern Vintage Cupcakes already has this kind of list created for most of the sewing challenges sorted out by month periods. This is just amazing, and I can’t thank her enough for being so thoughtful and putting this list together!
- http://macskakat.wordpress.com/upcoming-sewing-challenges/ – list of sew-alongs and sewing challenges
- http://www.burdastyle.com/ – an amazing resource of patterns and projects, they also do sew-along and competitions for their patterns, so follow-up! It is also a great place where to register to showcase you sewing creations.
- http://thedreamstress.com/the-historical-sew-fortnightly-2014/ – This is the historical sew-along for those who love creating historical garment and to try something new. I runs every two weeks, the current one is due Tue 14 July and the topic is “Create a garment under $10”
- http://rejoicefortheday.com/category/the-thursday-thrift/ – every first and third Thursday of the month this lady is running thrifty link-up. Thrifted fabric and garments made out of it count as well, so hurry up and showcase your creations!
- http://sputniksong.wordpress.com/2014/06/15/runway-inspiration-and-sewing-challenge/ – for those who would love to try themselves in high couture fashion this wordpress blogger is starting a couture sewing challenge. Follow-up for more details.
- http://www.simplesimonandco.com/ – every Saturday there is a sewing link-up, head over to their website and check it out!
- http://www.projectsewn.com/ – every now and then ( I could not sense the regularity) they host a four week sewing contest with great themes and great prizes!
- http://themonthlystitch.wordpress.com/ – That’s my favorite! Every month there is a new topic: sew it up and link it!
- http://www.kollabora.com/ – another resource where to showcase your sewing projects